Saturday, January 20, 2007

A Morning Side Trip

Does it make you feel good to wake up in the wrong side of Metro Manila?

The term "side" might not be the right word... hahaha!
I don't remember if I have shared this before. Last time, I was working night shift in Libran House. On the ride back home, I fell asleep. I woke up in East Ave! I was suppose to hop off in Cubao... That was a Monday.

Thursday that same week, I fell asleep again. That time, I do not know where I was. I looked for familiar landmarks but there is none. I looked in the middle of the highway, there's no more MRT! I looked forward for some road signs to tell me where I am. I saw a sign that says NLEX! I talked to the conductor, he told me to hop off, cross the highway through an overpass and ride another bus. Hopping off, I saw a sign that says Balintawak.

In this morning's bus ride, I woke up in an unfamiliar place again. I looked at signs as the bus enters a flyover. No signs say Cubao. I watched where the bus lands and waited for a familiar spot. And there is was, Quezon Ave! waaah!!! Yes, I have passed the intersection before... but I was on a car that time. I do not know how to get back to Cubao! I saw jeeps passing by but I wasn't too familiar with their route. Luckily, there is an MRT station at the place.

Well, just my luck. I was too early for the first train. It's 5AM! First train is scheduled for 5:30AM. Good thing McDonald's just opened.

hahaha!

I got home. MRT, LRT2 and a jeep ride.
I miss roadtrips with the ECE boys haha! College days...

No comments: